Forest Heights Neighborhood Development Corporation (FHNDC) is a 501 [c]  nonprofit organization that was founded in 1993. Our mission is to improve the quality of life of its community by stimulating the development of affordable housing, creating and maintaining employment opportunities, encouraging investments, increasing safety, and expanding services in the area. The Forest Heights Neighborhood is defined as the neighborhood bounded by Lamar Street, Martin Luther King Boulevard and Interstate 45 in South Dallas.
Goals for the organization:
- Build high-quality affordable housing for low to moderate income families
- Rehabilitate substandard housing for elderly and disabled residents on fixed incomes
- Provide advocacy and linkages for residents to access City services, community resources, health and social services, and promote economic development
- Provide a facility (Neighborhood Service Center) that offers support, guidance, and education for neighborhood residents; a place for them to interact socially, and provide a forum to address individual and community concerns and needs.
To browse the other pages on this site, click titles at the top of this page.
- Housing: Single family, Rentals, Elderfriendly, Housing Application
- Contact Us: E-mail, Mailing Address/Phone, Map to FHNDC
- How to Help: Activities for Volunteers, Financial Contributions, Donations
- Projects: Current FHNDC Projects, Economic Development
- FHNDC has built and sold 18 single family homes, and two town homes.
- Rehabilitation of three homes for the elderly
- Complete renovation of a 14-unit apartment building
- Complete infrastructure - new curbs, sidewalks and streets on Cleveland and Cooper Streets
- Complete a neighborhood "pocket park" next to the Hamburg Homes subdivision
- Provide four media events (television and newspaper) - Hamburg Homes Ground Breaking; "Pocket Park" Dedication; "Trinity Heights Apartments" Ribbon Cutting; and Thanksgiving Dinner Deliveries (by Dallas Police Officers and local children) to 46 families.